Buying or selling a home? Now is a good time for both
(NC) The second busiest season for buying and selling homes is upon us, but what is it about autumn that causes an upswing in real estate activity?
According to Patricia Verge, president of the Ontario Real Estate Association, a variety of factors may be responsible for the increase in sales. “Much like spring, fall offers a great climate in which to show your home. Also, many buyers are back from summer holidays and getting back to business.”
Some of the benefits for buying a home in the fall include:
• More choices – There is a wider selection of homes available during this period so that you can visit a wide variety of open houses.
• Good weather – Mild temperatures make moving much easier. Assessing the quality of a home's exterior is less complicated when it's not raining or snowing.
• Tax breaks – If you purchase a home before the New Year, you can claim deductions on your 2015 taxes.
Some of the benefits for selling a home in the fall include:
• Climate – Mild temperatures and beautiful fall colours create the perfect setting for showing a home.
• More time – Come fall, people tend to settle back into routines, allowing a better dedication for the home selling process.
• Serious buyers – Most buyers want to be moved in and settled into their new home before the holidays and winter hit, so any interest you receive will generally lead to action.
Even with the increase in activity at this time of year, there really is no wrong time to list your home. According to Verge, “If you price your home appropriately and make every effort to present it in a superior way, chances are you will sell your property in a timely manner regardless of the season.”