5 tips for selling your home
(NC) For many, the holiday season is a busy time that includes shopping, cooking and entertaining. Amidst the hustle, it may seem difficult to find time for selling a home. Yet some home owners would prefer to list their home at this busy time.
“Sometimes professional, or personal, circumstances arise that require owners to sell their homes,” says Pat Verge, president of the Ontario Real Estate Association. “But other times home owners are simply ready to sell and the prospect of less competition from other sellers is appealing. Whatever an owner's reasons are for listing their home at this time, if done properly, the process should be successful.”
Here are five tips to keep in mind if listing your home in this season:
1. Deck the halls…to a minimum: Seasonal decorations are the way to go. Minimize décor to avoid crowding your home and distracting buyers.
2. Don't hide flaws: Rather than covering up flaws with décor, take the time to fix them or keep them revealed to avoid future conflicts with buyers.
3. Hire a Realtor: Enlist the services of someone that you trust and who will be available for you during the holidays. This will help alleviate some of the stress of selling and give you more time to enjoy the season.
4. Price to sell and be prepared to negotiate: No matter what time of year, a home that is properly priced will attract buyers. Work with your Realtor to negotiate a price that is satisfactory.
5. Market your home: Take time to enhance your home's curb appeal (even if it is covered in snow) and use good quality photography to show off your home (use photos taken in the spring/summer months if possible).