Friday, 16 October 2015
How to create instant curb appeal this fall
“Home buyers tend to use the exterior of a home and its yard as a gauge on what the inside looks like,” says Patricia Verge, president of the Ontario Real Estate Association. “Buyers will often do a 'drive-by' before deciding whether or not to request a showing. First impressions are critical to capture the attention of home buyers and send the message that the home has been well cared for, inside and out.”
To ensure your home stands out and gets noticed for the right reasons this fall, Verge recommends taking care of these simple steps before listing:
• Cut: Make sure trees and bushes are neatly trimmed.
• Clear: Remove leaves and sticks from gutters. Make sure the lawn is mowed, leaves are raked and weeds are removed.
• Clean: Wash windows, pressure-wash dirty siding and decks, and kill mould and mildew on the house, sidewalks, roof and driveway.
• Paint: If you can't afford to do the whole house, a fresh coat of paint will transform your front door and provide a more welcoming entrance.
• Primp: Add a boost of color to your garden with fall bloomers like mums and pansies.
• Upgrade: Change outdated locks and handles on your front door, replace rusty fixtures and add lighting to the front porch and yard.
“Preparing the exterior is one of the most important things sellers can do to ready a home for sale,” says Verge. “With a little creativity and care, you can rest assured that your home looks its best without breaking the bank.”
Talk to your Realtor about what potential buyers in your area are looking for.
More information is available at www.wedothehomework.ca.
www.realtorpankajpatel.com Around the house – fall clean-up tips (NC) As the cooler weather hits and the garden growing season end...
Winter inspection: How to prepare your home for the cold https://www.realtorpankajpatel.com/ (NC) It seems like every year the col...
SAGE KINGSTON Student housing proves to be a lucrative niche for investors SHIRLEY WON SPECIAL TO THE GLOBE AND MAI...
5 savvy renovations to make your kitchen look like new (NC) The kitchen is the heart and focal point of any home. But if yours is ...