Sunday, 20 December 2015
Follow this safety guide if you’re putting up holiday lights
Published Jessica Vitullo - December 7, 2015
Choose the right holiday lights
Avoid damage and overloaded circuits
Install holiday decor wisely
Lastly, remember the following:
Friday, 18 December 2015
Friday, 11 December 2015
(NC) Finding a contractor is kind of like finding a mate.
Like dating, it means you have to know what you're looking for, ask a lot of questions, seek advice from friends and family and most importantly, take your time deciding. After all, the contractor you choose is vital to the success of any remodeling project you take on.
Here is what you need to know to find the perfect contractor:
Do your research.
Make sure you've done your homework. Research your project so you have a realistic understanding of what's expected. Also compare the timeline required against existing projects your contractor may have on their plate. (Note: It is not uncommon for contractors to be working several jobs simultaneously.) This will give you an idea of how much time they can realistically devote to your project and if that works for you.
Ask for advice.
Referrals are the best way to find someone who is reliable. Like a partner, a good contractor will be around for the long haul. Talk to friends and family and get their recommendations on who they've worked with in the past.
Once you have a list of recommended contractors, narrow down your selection by doing some preliminary research into their credentials. For example, have they received any certifications? Do they specialize in anything? Are they affiliated with any professional associations? Do they have the proper licenses and insurance?
Ask for references.
Don't be afraid to do a background check. Good contractors will have no issue with passing along references. Ask questions such as: Did the contractor show up on time? Did the project stay on budget? Were they happy with the overall work and professionalism?
Set up a meeting.
Meet them face-to-face. Come prepared with questions about your project and see if your style and vision for the project pair well together.
More information is available at www.gtahomeandrenoshow.com or by visiting the upcoming 2016 GTA Home + Reno Show, February 12-15 at the International Centre.
Tuesday, 1 December 2015
(NC) For many, the holiday season is a busy time that includes shopping, cooking and entertaining. Amidst the hustle, it may seem difficult to find time for selling a home. Yet some home owners would prefer to list their home at this busy time.
“Sometimes professional, or personal, circumstances arise that require owners to sell their homes,” says Pat Verge, president of the Ontario Real Estate Association. “But other times home owners are simply ready to sell and the prospect of less competition from other sellers is appealing. Whatever an owner's reasons are for listing their home at this time, if done properly, the process should be successful.”
Here are five tips to keep in mind if listing your home in this season:
1. Deck the halls…to a minimum: Seasonal decorations are the way to go. Minimize décor to avoid crowding your home and distracting buyers.
2. Don't hide flaws: Rather than covering up flaws with décor, take the time to fix them or keep them revealed to avoid future conflicts with buyers.
3. Hire a Realtor: Enlist the services of someone that you trust and who will be available for you during the holidays. This will help alleviate some of the stress of selling and give you more time to enjoy the season.
4. Price to sell and be prepared to negotiate: No matter what time of year, a home that is properly priced will attract buyers. Work with your Realtor to negotiate a price that is satisfactory.
5. Market your home: Take time to enhance your home's curb appeal (even if it is covered in snow) and use good quality photography to show off your home (use photos taken in the spring/summer months if possible).
www.realtorpankajpatel.com (NC) The end of winter and beginning of spring signal new beginnings, so use this time to breathe new life a...
Rocket-at-Subway-Condos Toronto New Condos CondoNow Get Toronto's Best Value THIS WEEKEND ONLY! LIMITED RELEASE OF 1 BEDR...
The-Kennedys-Condos Toronto New Condos CondoNow
www.realtorpankajpatel.com (NC) Home ownership is a goal for most of us, and millennials appear to be the most optimistic group. Accord...