Sunday, 30 April 2017
Friday, 28 April 2017
Thursday, 13 April 2017
Sunday, 2 April 2017
(NC) Renovating is great for increasing the value of your home, but regular home maintenance is the easiest way to preserve your investment. As the weather warms, it is a perfect time to do a quick inspection of your home and catch up on simple seasonal chores.
With a little effort, you can keep your home looking great and functioning well for years to come. Here's a few tasks you should check off your to-do list:
• Clean out the gutters and remove any debris.
• Repair siding and peeling paint.
• Inspect your chimney and roof. Replace or repair loose or damaged shingles.
• Trim overgrown shrubs and trees, keeping branches two feet from the house.
• Inspect deck boards for possible deterioration and rot. Replace damaged boards and seal or re-stain, as necessary.
• Turn on the water supply to hose bibs and exterior faucets. Check for leaks.
• Clean windows and window tracks. Replace any damaged screens.
• Check around doors and windows for cracks and gaps. Caulk, as necessary.
• Clean your outdoor spaces (driveway, deck, porch, etc). Fix any damage. Reseal the driveway, if needed.
• Fertilize and aerate the lawn. Seed to fill any patchy areas.
• Inspect the attic for poor ventilation, pests, damaged sheathing, mould or insufficient insulation levels. Top up insulation, as needed, with a mould and moisture-resistant product made of inorganic materials like Roxul Comfortbatt. Aim for a depth of 16 inches and an R-value of 50.
• Replace the furnace filter. Clean air vents, as needed.
• Clear out the dryer vent, removing any lint or debris which can pose a fire hazard.
• Check the washing machine and dishwasher fill hoses to make sure there are no cracks developing.
• Test ground fault circuit interrupters in the bathroom, kitchen, outside receptacles and on the electrical panel.
• Inspect and test smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Change the batteries and replace units more than 10 years old.
Since your home tends to be your biggest investment, maintenance is time well spent!
(NC) Homes that show well and have great features typically sell faster than their counterparts, sometimes for a premium. If you want your home to stand out, a little effort can go a long way. Try these tips to create an enticing first impression.
1. Clean. A neat, clean home shows pride of ownership and suggests that it is well maintained.
2. Paint. Opt for a neutral color so buyers will feel like there's one less thing to do before moving in. Grey, beige or the popular combination known as “greige” are always a hit. A fresh coat of white paint on trim will brighten the rooms.
3. Highlight your home's energy efficiency and green features. This is increasingly a big selling point, especially among younger buyers. New insulation that offers superior thermal performance and increased fire resistance, like Roxul Comfortbatt and Safe 'n' Sound, represent long-term savings and benefits to potential purchasers. Smart thermostats and low-flow water fixtures are also coveted.
4. Consider replacing worn flooring. Another lower-cost option is to give your floors a makeover by refinishing hardwood or shampooing carpets.
5. Make simple updates. New light fixtures or hardware on cabinetry can provide your room with an instant refresh. Give cabinets a new coat of paint if they look tired or dated.
6. Let there be light. Replace heavy drapes with sheer window coverings or valances to flood the home with as much natural light as possible.
7. Open up space. Remove excess furniture and all signs of clutter. Organize closets and pantries. Open windows to allow the fresh air in.
8. Neutralize décor. Remove personal photos. Add inviting elements like fresh flowers, throws or toss cushions.
9. Create curb appeal. Clean and pressure-wash the driveway and walkways. Cut the grass, pull weeds, and trim shrubs. Consider planting annuals for fresh pops of color. Paint your front door and house numbers, if needed. Stage the patio furniture to create the feeling of an outdoor retreat.
10. Throw down the welcome mat, and let buyers take it all in.
Not ready to sell? These tips also work well to revitalize a much-loved older home.
www.realtorpankajpatel.com (NC) The end of winter and beginning of spring signal new beginnings, so use this time to breathe new life a...
Rocket-at-Subway-Condos Toronto New Condos CondoNow Get Toronto's Best Value THIS WEEKEND ONLY! LIMITED RELEASE OF 1 BEDR...
The-Kennedys-Condos Toronto New Condos CondoNow
www.realtorpankajpatel.com (NC) Home ownership is a goal for most of us, and millennials appear to be the most optimistic group. Accord...